INTRODUCTION TO HEALING WITH AYURVEDA
Have you ever wondered why you tend to feel cold on a breezy summer day and want to put on a sweater even when others around you are wearing short sleeves? Are you curious about why you do not enjoy hot Yoga classes and prefer to practice with the fan on? What is it that makes some of us crave sweets while others prefer mashed potatoes as comfort food?
Ayurveda is an ancient science of natural healing that originated in India some 5,000 years ago. It is the perfect complement to Yoga. During this workshop, you will receive an introduction to Ayurveda and start to get to know yourself better, tuning into your body and its needs, contemplating what small but positive changes you can adapt in your life, teaching yourself to remain grounded, balanced, and healthy.
This 75 minute workshop is an over-all view of Ayurveda, a workbook is provided for taking notes. This is not a Yoga class. Yoga classes for each particular Dosha will be announced during this workshop.
The following topics will be covered:
- Doshas: Your Unique Constitution
- The Gunas and the Elements: Effects of the weather, environment, and food on the body and the mind
- The right exercise for your constitution
- The right nutrition for your constitution
- Daily rituals for health and wellness
- Cleansing the body with kindness
Next Date: Stay tuned for our next workshop with Dr. Leena Athparia.