What to bring:
YOU! and your own personal Yoga mat. If you don’t have one, there will be one available for use for the hour. Also, feel free to bring a small personal hand towel for use with props & pillows.
What to wear:
Your favourite Yoga pants/track pants, tank or t-shirt and a jacket or sweatshirt.
What to eat or drink:
Light snack or meal 2 hours prior to your practice. Avoid caffeine and/or too many liquids close to class.
Where we are:
258 Main St. N., Markham, W. side between the Markham GO and 16th Ave. Follow the garden path around the front of the building past Markham Village Naturopathic Clinic, past State Farm Insurance to the original century home front entrance…you have arrived.
Where to park:
In the parking lot behind the building along the back wall whenever possible please. We do share the parking lot with other businesses who may have patients needing to park closer to the buildings, thank you.
Walk whenever you can! The bike rack has been installed – at the front!
What to do with personal Items:
Kindly bring in as little as possible, all shoes/boots/jackets to be left in the main entrance and all valuables brought upstairs and into the practice room. We ask that all cel phones either be left locked up in the car or set to “airplane” mode.
• Arrive 10-15 minutes before class begins to allow yourself time to settle into your Yoga practice. Classes will start at the time scheduled. If you do arrive just as class is beginning, enter quietly and find your spot.
The door will be locked 5 minutes after the start time and you will miss your class.
• If you have to leave class early, please inform the teacher so you may leave before final relaxation.
• Inform your teacher about any injuries or special health conditions before class. This will help the teacher make suggestions to make your practice a safe and enjoyable practice.
• Although we all like a few good laughs, the practice of Yoga is that of an “inward” or quiet practice (mindfulness). Out of respect for your fellow students, we ask that conversation be kept to a minimum during practice. Remember that this hour is for you to unwind, connect with self, breath and leave here feeling amazing! We want to create a space of healing, quiet, relaxation as well as one of friendship.
• If you are on-call or in an emergency situation, please let the teacher know.
• Please refrain from wearing perfumes or fragrances as some people may have allergies.
• Our small space is very sensitive to odours created in our own homes, such as smoking, mothballs, cooking onions, fish etc., please be mindful of these odours on clothing and change before class.
• If you’re experiencing any signs of a cold or flu, coughing etc., kindly stay home and get to bed! We love you, not your germs.
• And most importantly!! Leave all your worries and concerns, coats and boots at the front door. Give yourself this gift of inner peace and tranquility. Be kind to your body/mind. Be mindful of the inner dialogue!